Thread: WIP - Arqui9

WIP - Arqui9

So to all!

So happy to have found this challenge. From what I have seen being done the quality is very high! I would really like to pay homenage to Portugal, the land where I live, I'm really inspired by Fernando Guerra's Photography, he is a Portuguese photographer and his high contrast pictures, with the beautifull skies and inspired simplicity are just amazing. Here are a few examples of what is inspiring me. Also its summer time, so I find like a summer feel (at least at this point).

I want something with various levels of information, with interesting contrasts between the foreground and background, juggling with sky which is to become a major feature, but not taking from the architecture at the same time.

Also i want to integrate a little more of a Portuguese touch to the architecture, bringing it more towards my homenage.

Now back to work...

Good luck to all, should have examples soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   02.jpg   03.jpg   04.jpg   05.jpg  

06.jpg   07.jpg  

Ohh I just noticed I didn't put the correct title in this post, hope that its not a problem?

No problem - thread name fixed. Good luck!

A late start to competition but I have the house model more or less defined on what I am going to do to it.

Since I started playing with the concept model, I have decided I want to make various levels (to give it a more interesting point of view and integration), and give it a dusk light coming over the garage, coming in through the trees and bouncing on the house.

I have decided to make my main POV on this side of the house.

I am thinking on making some Zync seemed cladding, going a little out of the traditional white portuguese style, but think that I want evolve a little more with the house which I am really enjoying

Hopefully now that I have cleared some time to dedicate myself I can have some wireframes and initial lighting concepts up tomorrow

The only thing not certain till now is on the baroque style stairs for which seem a little out of caracter, so will have to fiddle with them.

Cheers
    Pedro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	513

Some more WIPS,

Progress continues, the zinc texture has been a pain to get it where I want it to be bahh
    Hope you like it, can't wait to get onto the enviroment, but have been quite busy with the house detailing it a little, the close ups should hopefully be worth it.

Name:	image8.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image7.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image6.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	528

Nice, its looking good. I think the vertical elements makes the house looks out of scale, IMHO. Cant wait to see the environment and close up shots.

Good afternoon to all

I have been slowly building my model up, messing around with the textures and finally have a WIP that is bearly presentable, I have modeled everything thus far really don't want to use pre made models yet.

Hope you enjoy the fruits of my weekend hehe

Name:	image14.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	579

Hi to all,

This is my last WIP image, I am just doing the finishing touches on the final image, which will be posted in the Final Submission.

I have developed the image from this one to be more envolving and to immerse the viewer more into the image, will be shortly put on the final Submission

Hope you like the progress and look forward to C&C, thanks to Cgworkshop for the great competition.

Name:	image15.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	631