Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winners!

Winners!

Congratullation to all CGW members that have taken part in this competition. The level of artworks is very high and it was not easy to choose the best one. Jury has made the decision and here are the results.

FIRST PLACE **MARINA**

here you can browse the WIP thread >>>LINK<<<

"Amazing atmosphere colours and very good composition. I love this work because it can tell you a little story even though it is only one building on the canvas. Well done! "
    simonhc (MOTYW.COM)

"Good framing and details. Post effects should be better"
    Rusko Ruskov ,Ivelin Yordanov (CHAOS GROUP)

"I like the lighting of this image and all the interior details you put on it. Well done. What I think is that you should improve the vegetation especially regarding the trees. In my opinion the 3d vegetation is a good thing but if you don't push your efforts to make it real, it can spoil the whole image. I found the leaves with the same orientation and they captured my attention.
    Gianpiero (State of Art Studio)

"Great light and composition, colors are so strong and vivid. These images have a really good feeling and I like all the cameras he made. The best image is the 2nd one but in the end, the quality of the entire set is awesome. Only one mistake for me: the leaves of all the trees seem horizontal and a bit innatural."
    Roberto (State of Art Studio)

SECOND PLACE NILO ALEO

" Perfect details and lighting made this work unique! The rock foundation is a very cool idea, this has built a tention between the light building and very solid-heavy rock."
    simonhc (MOTYW.COM)

"The best mood and feeling. The best details. Trees and some textures tiling can be improved /the floor on the right side of the chairs."

"I found this images spot on. The quality of the lighting , the vegetation and the details are really well done. If I've to find something to modify I'd say the composition moving the camera on the left to center a little bit the architecture on the frame; I'd increase the light a little bit on the left side of the ground floor.
    Gianpiero (State of Art Studio)

"The 2nd image is the best of all the challenge, great mood and composition; I love the vegetation and the sense of depth with dark foreground and lighter background on right. On the beginning I considered this work as a winner but after a while I noticed that only the second image catch my attention. The first and the third choice are a bit weaker about composition and technique."
    Roberto (State of Art Studio)

THIRD PLACE ROMI3D

" The idea of an old factory is a bit old also however when I have seen the night shot it trully has taken my breath away.
    The soft lights and glare effects are very well executed.

simonhc (MOTYW.COM)
    "Unorthodox idea but needs a lot of work"

DISTINCTION #1 Julien Stiévenard

" Strong composition with good lighting. Some details need more work, especially the vegetation. Also shaders are looking a bit flat, little more speculars would make it better.
    simonhc (MOTYW.COM)

"Good lighting and overall feeling. The most of the materials need more reflections."

DISTINCTION #2 REVEREND

"The quality of the interior rendering is not mind blowing ( we also had to focus on exteriors), but... The whole idea is very funny and general execution has kept a decent level. Good try and very creative interpretation"

CONGRATULLATION to all members!
    Winners please contact our office at motyw@motyw.com

Thank you very much to our all sponsors who made this competition possible and CGW crew for the support.

JURY:

Pawel Podwojewski "simonhc"
    motyw and cgw owner

Nguyen Manh Hung
    CG Record owner

Gianpiero "PEO" Monopoli
    State of Art studio owner

Roberto "Cepp" de Rose
    State of Art studio owner

Rusko Ruskov
    3D artist Chaos Group

Ivelin Yordanov
    3D artist Chaos Group

Well done to the Winners, great work and hope to see more work!!

Woww winners......congratulations!!!!
    Last edited by arkiwiz; 07-28-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Congrats to the winners!!

Congratulations to the winners especially to Nilo Aleo.congtratulation idol!!!!!

hello.

i would like to thank to great jury for this distinction. it is a big suprise for me.
    also i would like to congratulate to other winners and all members of this great competition. it was a pleasure for being a part of it. the level was absolutely high and all final works are fantastic!
    so! thank you one more time and see you soon i hope!

cheers
    Last edited by reverend; 07-27-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Congratulations to the winners, Marina congrats your work it's amazing

Hey!
    What a good surprise ! I would like to thank all the jury's members and all the participants. It was a really great experience. Special thanks to Simon HC for his comments. I'll try to improve the shaders.
    Congratulations to the winners ! Marina, your work is amazing !
    See you on CG Workshop !
    All the best,
    Julien.

What a beautiful surprise!
    I really surprised to have won first place, since all final deliveries are very high.
    A Simonhc, all the GCW team thanks for this great competition and the jury for this award.
    Congratullation all members who took part in the competition.
    I can not find more words to please everyone.
    I had fun and learned a lot with this challenge

Cheers !!!!!!!

congrats... to all winners