Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Path to Knowledge

Path to Knowledge

Hello,

Here´s my final entry for the Evermotion Competition 2011 - interior category.
    Im very proud to win the second price in the first digital art competition I enter.
    Many thanks to all the support during the process. As a token of my gratitude I created a MAKING OF which you can read in my new site-blog at www.metrocubicoblog.com

My inspiration object is the university (FAUP) where I studied architecture for six years. For a long time I wanted to represent the path that goes from the street till the end of the building complex which is the library itself. For timing reasons I couldn’t model everything of course, so I focused on a short part of that same path.

Inspired by Michelangelo, Siza created a “difficult” path that goes through several ramps/stairs, sometimes almost labyrinth routes – if you use other alternatives – , in order to reach, in the end of all the complex, the library – the place of knowledge. “Tired”… once the library is reached, an uniform interior light hits the space like in no other place. It is, in my opinion, the perfect place to read mostly because the shadow is so soft. Geometry, fine details and remarkable human scale rule.

The goal was to respect Álvaro Siza architecture simplicity, materials, light, design and obviously, make it photo-realistic.

Software:
    3D Studio Max 2011, Photoshop CS5, After Effects CS5

Plugins:
    Vray 2.0, RailClone Pro, Magic Bullet Looks, Knoll Ligh Factory, Nik Software

All models made by me, except main books bought in TurboSquid - made by Bernardb Bernoir.
    Other architectural books are a share found in Evermotion - free stuff - made by Archithekthura.
    Hand drawings made by me.

Some of the textures used are from:
    Cgtextures, Arroway textures, Cgsource, Viz People

Sorry for the huge post lol.

Thanks in advance,

Jacinto Monteiro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 03-Path-to-Knowledge-Jacinto-Monteiro-web2.jpg  
    Last edited by metrocub; 06-03-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Amazing work! Congratulations for the award! Thanks for sharing and 5 stars!

Thanks Simonhc. I was very occupied in this last few weeks and havent visited your site. My surprise when i return and wow... very nice structure. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by metrocub View Post
    Thanks Simonhc. I was very occupied in this last few weeks and havent visited your site. My surprise when i return and wow... very nice structure. Congratulations!
    Thanks! Still a lot to improve, we are working on it! Once again, my best wishes and keep dropping by.

Cool, just entered the best of gallery in evermotion. Now that´s a surprise for me!

Yes, i ll try to drop by more times.

Take care and good luck

Congratulations Jacinto! Well executed!

really nice. I got inspired

One of best works i have seen. Congrulations !! How long it takes for this work ?

Thkx guys!

@cgahmet
    It took aprox. 1month and a half. It was during the Evermotion competition period. Was pretty hard to do so much in that time, only at night and weekends.

well I will commend you for posting

well I will commend you for posting in a forum tailor made for you. If anyone is in need of help....Thanks!