Autodesk® FBX® Review is a free, standalone software tool for reviewing 3D assets and animations quickly and efficiently. Using this utility its now possible to view 3D content without using a 3D authoring tool.
Detailed visual inspections of assets is possible in a DirextX 11-based viewport. Users can toggle shading modes, animations, cameras, and lighting options to better evaluate their 3D content. Both Windows 8 and Windows 7 versions are available.
Quick and easy review of 3D models:
- Users can import and review a variety of 3D file formats without using full commercial 3D animation software
- Switch between shading modes: wireframe, faceted, shaded, textured, and wireframe overlay
- Toggle scene lights, shadows, and tessellation
- A high-fidelity viewport supporting DirextX 11 helps users review assets and scenes with a wide range of visual effects
Playback Animation Takes and Switch Cameras:
- Examine animations and scenes using familiar and intuitive play,pause, and scrub-through controls
- For files containing user-created cameras, FBX Review allows the user to toggle between them
- FBX Review also provides default and perspective cameras is no cameras are saved
- If multiple animation takes are saved within a file, a simple drop down enables rapid switch between the takes
Intuitive, Lightweight and Mobile:
- Designed to help artistic and creative directors review assets on-the-go, FBX Review was designed to run on Windows 8 touch-screen devices such as tablets
- Touch-screen controls on Windows 8 makes reviewing assets a simple and familiar process
- The Windows 8 charm bar allows quick sending of review notes and screenshots to team members