Mercenaries Engineering released Guerilla Render v1.0. Guerilla Renders is a professional look development and lighting solution designed for both the Animation and VFX industries. The basic components are a lighting tool and a rendering software, which give both the easiness of setup the flexibility needed during production.
- A powerful lighting tool
- Lighting environment – Guerilla Render GUI is optimized for the look development and the lighting tasks. The renderer is perfectly embedded in the GUI.
- RenderGraph – Work in a non-linear fashion using the RenderGraph. Always track the work you have done and replicate it easily.
- Gather and render – Using Alembic files, gather the animations and simulations you have done in any 3D package compatible with Alembic. Render everything together and simplify your pipeline.
- Easy and productive rendering
- Unbiased path tracing – Guerilla Render uses an unbiased path tracer to render a scene. You can validate shots with fast preview renders and be sure that the final renders will be the same – with less noise.
- Physically Plausible Über Shaders – Guerilla comes with physically plausible shaders for surfaces and curves. Using the same surface shader, you can blend different layers to get a plastic, glass, metal, car paint or skin look, using understandable attributes.
- Lights and Environment Shaders – Guerilla Render is shipped with a large choice of lights and environments for all kind of situations. Lights can have various shapes and can contain multiple clipping volumes like cones, cylinders, frustum…
- Fine control – Guerilla Render gives you a professional level of control over your render. Light/shadow/trace linking has never been so simple and powerful. The image sampling can be controlled at every step.
- Outputs – With Guerilla Render you have total control over your render files, render passes, render layers and AOVs. All of which are rendered at the same time.
- Scripted/network shaders – Everything in Guerilla Render is open and customizable. Renderman Shading Language shaders or shading networks were used to write components like materials, lights, sub-shaders, environments and render pass AOVs.
- SDK – Using the provided SDKs, you can customize Guerilla Render even more and make it suit your pipeline easily.
- Speed – Guerilla Render is designed around am unique raytracing technology which fully takes advantage of the CPU computing resources and lowers the memory bandwidth to deliver the best possible performances.
- Memory – Guerilla Render supports massive texture loads, can render hundreds of output images at the same time and raytrace hundreds of millions of polygons or curves.
- Baking – Guerilla Render is able to bake any shading component in a point cloud and re-use it later.
- Motion blur – 3D motion blur is a first-class citizen in Guerilla Render. It is fast, accurate and always available.
- Displacement – In Guerilla Render, the displacement is precise, fast and programmable.
- Industry standards
- Autodesk Maya® – Guerilla Render is shipped with a professional Maya® exporter, able to bake every kind of geometry and animations.
- Alembic – SImply drag and drop an .abc in Guerilla Render and start rendering. Using Alembic is also a great way to assemble work done in different software and render everything in Guerilla Render.
- UDim textures – Guerilla texture nodes are fully compatible with the UDim texture pipeline. You can provide GBs of tiled textures and let Guerilla render everything.
- OpenEXR – Guerilla Render reads OpenEXR HDR images and writes OpenEXR files with a sinble or multiple images in each file.
- Renderman® shading language – In any shading network, use SLBox nodes, which uses a subset of the RSL to express shading expressions. No need to learn a new shading language.
- RIB – Guerilla Render internally uses RIB files to send the jobs on the render farm. Render Wranglers can inspect those files and modify them. You can also render custom RIB files in Guerilla.
- Geometry DSO – Guerilla Render directly uses some binary DSO built for other Renderman® compliant renderers, for example the Massive®, Golem® and Yeti® technologies.
- Battery included
- Library – Guerilla Render comes with a library of hundreds of nodes: materials, lights, environments, sub-shaders, shading nodes, procedurals, render passes etc.
- Fur Procedural – Guerilla Render can generate curves on all surfaces. It is easy to add grass or fur onto any static or moving object. A lot of attributes can be used to control the shape of the hairs, the density of the wind etc.
Hair Procedural – Using the same procedural, Guerilla Render can interpolate and multiply curves on a surface. Import a thousand of simulated/groomed hair guides in Guerilla Render and multiply them to millions at rendertime.
- More procedurals – Fill nurbs tubes with hairs, instantiate objects on surfaces or on particle points.
- Renderfarm Pipeline – Guerilla Render communicates with your renderfarm manager directly. It generates the jobs and submits them to the farm with a single click.
To read more about the key features of Guerilla Render, please go here.
For users wanting to obtain Guerilla Render, there’s a free connected license per IP, network or project, commercial use allowed. A user simply needs to register and abide by the terms of Guerilla Render’s EULA. For more information and a quick explanation, please go to the License FAQ.
Downloads available on Guerilla Render’s.
To find out more about this product, please click "Read more" at the bottom of the page.
See more:Read more