Side Effects Software announced the release of Houdini 13. Faster, more flexible particle tools, new lighting workflow and Houdini 13 now able to increase productivity and allow for bigger, more impressive VFX.
- New Particles – particles have been fully integrated into the dynamics context for better behavior, more control and interaction with other simulation tools. VEX-based architecture which allow more speed and flexibility.
- New Finite Element Solver – analyzes the stresses on an object then either bends or breaks the object.
- New Lighting Workflow – built around the use of Alembic and Packed Primitives as a way of efficiently managing massive datasets. The new workflow offers a new Data tree view.
- Enhanced Bullet Solver – now more accurate, much faster and scalable and can be used in conjunction with packed primitives for efficient instancing of pieces.
- Enahnced Flip Fluids and Ocean FX – new ocean material, new mist solver, new shelf tools and a new, faster Fluid surfacer.
- Open Standards – Alembic, OpenEXR 2, OpenSubdiv, OpenVDB
- New Packed Primitives – offers a generalization of the Alembic file format that supports all geometry types in Houdini. A complex model can be packed up into a single primitive for efficient management.
For more information and details click "Read more" at the bottom of the page.