MeshMixer 2.0 is a new version of a mesh-editing tool – great for creating/editing meshes and preparing files for printing or fabrication. As said on their website: "for making crazy-ass 3D stuff without too much hassle." The rest is up to the user. The updated version has been dubbed 2.0 because it looks different. Autodesk also created a new user interface and added new features.
Here are a few new features:
- new Soft Transform tool
- new Support Structure Generation for 3D printing in the Overhang Tool
- new Strength Analysis Tool – does fast approximate stress analysis
- new shading modes – flat shading and face-group-normal shading
- new XYZ mode in measuring tool
- ability to directly enter numbers for all parameter sliders
- fixes of bugs
- AMF Import/Export (mesh data only)
To find out more about the tool and for the download links, please refer to the website under "Read more" at the bottom of the page.