NOX is a free stand-alone, state-of-art renderer. Evermotion has just released the latest version 0.43. The main upgraded feature is the speed with which it can now render, even reaching up to 90% faster depending on the rendered scene.
Some of the features include:
- Added User Presets for postprocess settings. User presets is a collection of presets defined by a user for render postprocessing. It comes with version 0.43 and allows the creation of multiple settings and fast navigation between them. A new menu was added just for this purpose. The menu also includes the loading and saving preset (which was previously located in the Scene menu). Each presets saves: Layers, Post, Correction, Fake DOF, Effects.
- Intel’s Embree geometry engine connected (it works only on x64 Win7 and later systems) + Added Matte Shadow option in NOX Material. Head over to the NOX forum to discuss Embree. Matte Shadow is still in an experimental state, but situations for its usage should meet the following conditions:
- works only with Path Tracing engine
- does not work with skyportals
- works with environment texture as base, where an optional sun can be added
· Blender: rendering with no applied modifiers, now works with particle objects.
· Material Editor: fixed behavior of setting reflection colors and link checkbox. ‚Close window’ button works as ‚Cancel button.’
· Bugfixes: autorefresh controls and average samples counter value fixed.
Downloads are available in the release post ("see more" at the bottom of the page).
To learn more and get more info please click "See more" at the bottom right of the page.