The Terragen series is a powerful solution for rendering and animating realistic natural environments, that was released by Planetside Software. It was specifically made to help recreate the most realistic images possible without taking a photograph.
Terragen 3 will be released in both the Creative and Professional version both of which will also be available with or without animation capabilities. A free TG3 version will also be made available. A full product comparison is available at: Terragen 3 Product Comparison
The Terragen 3 product line will be released July 29th. The product’s official website also announced an opportunity to sign up and win 5 copies of Terragen 3 Professional.
As of July 17th Terragen 3 Professional – both the Animation and non-Animation versions – will be made available as pre-release at the final retail price.
Terragen 3 highlights:
- Comprehensice layer and render element output
- Enhanced 3D preview
- New ultra fast HD Global Illumination mode
- Significantly improved population control including per-instance editing and color variation
- Support for FBX and other industry-standard data interchange formats
- Object mesh deformation
- Content library for organizing and quickly accessing scene files. objects and textures
- Enhanced DEM format and georeferencing support
- New spherical camera
- Depth of Field blur
- Linux render mode
A video showcasing some new Terragen 3 features: