V-Ray 1.6 for SketchUp by Chaos Group is now in Open Beta for industry testing.
More detail, more speed, more quality. The massive expansion to SketchUp’s rendering capabilities includes features that help enhance the workflow, quality and complexity.
Key features include:
- Rendering Engine Upgrades:
- V-Ray RT – Allows to simultaneously work and rendered inside o SketchUp. Instant visual feedback and streamlining scene setup. Supported only on the CPU.
- Dome Light – Creates simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light using important sampling of HDR images. The feature optimizes light tracing and GI precision.
- Light as Components – This feature allows V-Ray lights to be a part of a SketchUp component, which makes the process of changing design and settings of multiple lights at the same time much easier.
- Sphere Light – Allows the creation of spherically-shaped area lights.
- V-Ray Proxy – An indispensable tool that manages scene memory and efficiently renders large amounts of geometry to increase detail and complexity in scenes. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render time, which saves vital RAM resources.
- V-Ray Frame Buffer Improvements:
- Render History – This option allows saving rendered images and loading them directly in the V-Ray frame buffer.
- Compare Tool – New compare option to easily compare two rendered images directly in the V-Ray frame buffer.
- V-Ray Lens Effect:
- Lens Effect – Allows the user to achieve bloom and glare effects in renderings.
- V-Ray Material – A compact and optimized material that includes diffuse, reflection, and refraction parameters with the ability to change the BRDF.
- Wrapper Material – Can be used to specify additional properties per material.
- Material Library – Contains over 100 ready-to-use and photorealistic V-Ray materials.